Who are we?
GOOD ENERGIES ALLIANCE IRELAND (GEAI) is an environmental NGO that focuses on animating Climate Action, especially in rural areas of Ireland. It is also an Erasmus+ coordinating organisation, hosting young European volunteers and sending groups abroad to work on the environment. GEAI is based in the North-West of Ireland but its remit is all-island. It is a member of the Irish Environmental Pillar and has links with environmental groups nationally and internationally. It was founded in 2011 and is a Registered Charity (No. 20154646). Its Directors are all volunteers.
GEAI was in the forefront of the campaign against fracking (2011-2017), which resulted in legislation signed into law in 2017, banning on-shore fracking in Ireland.
- Through research and education on climate change and the impacts of rising greenhouse gas emissions on the environment, the planet and people, to influence communities and decision-makers at all levels in Ireland (local, regional, national) to implement Climate Action while safeguarding the well-being of communities.
- To engage young people as volunteers, researchers and project participants to achieve our objectives.
- To network and collaborate with other Environmental NGOs and contribute through the Irish Environmental Pillar to national policy-making.
What we do
GEAI is engaged in a range of activities, all carried out by volunteers, with the aim of the establishment of low-carbon, sustainable communities and regions.
- Raising awareness about climate change, targeting schools and communities.
- Through the Cróga initiative, animating local Climate Dialogue leading to planning and implementation of local Climate Action plans for sustainable communities.
- By means of our European Solidarity Corps (ESC) volunteers, actively supporting inclusion, solidarity and active citizenship.
Janice Raine Conick
Discover our European volunteers
Stop Our network of allies is comprised of NGOs, institutions, academics and movements in Ireland and in Europe with which we share common aims and resources. Below is the list of allies whit which we have ongoing or past collaboration and/or partnership.