Who are we?
GOOD ENERGIES ALLIANCE IRELAND (GEAI) is the only non-profit Environmental NGO in Ireland with a principal focus on Energy sources and uses. GEAI is based in the North-West of Ireland but its remit is all-island. It is a member of the Irish Environmental Pillar and has links with environmental groups nationally and internationally. It was founded in 2011, was incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee in December 2012, its Directors are all volunteers.
- Through research and education on climate change and the impacts of different energy sources on the environment, the planet and people, to influence communities and decision-makers at all levels in Ireland (local, regional, national) to implement sustainable energy sources and uses.
- To engage young people as volunteers, researchers and project participants to achieve our objectives.
- To network and collaborate with other Environmental NGOs and contribute through the Irish Environmental Pillar to national policy-making.
What we do
GEAI is engaged in a range of activities, all carried out by volunteers, with the aim of promoting ‘clean’ energy sources and uses.
- Raising awareness about climate change.
- Promoting the use of renewable energies.
- Achieving energy efficiency in Ireland.
Janice Raine Conick
Discover our European volunteers
Stop Our network of allies is comprised of NGOs, institutions, academics and movements in Ireland and in Europe with which we share common aims and resources. Below is the list of allies whit which we have ongoing or past collaboration and/or partnership.