Steps towards a better Ireland
From its start in 2011, Good Energies Alliance Ireland has gone from strength to strength. Its most significant achievements are:
February 2012: Launch with national publicity in February 2012.
February 2012: Hosted Jessica Ernst, Canadian campaigner against fracking.
2012 – 2014: Presentations on the environmental and health impacts of fracking given to community groups and statutory bodies throughout Ireland.
- Successful campaign to influence the Terms of Reference for the EPA-directed research study on fracking.
- Successful campaign to get a delay on the decision to grant exploratory licences until after completion of research study (post 2016).
- GEAI accredited as a hosting organisation with EU Youth in Action programme. Hosts one EVS volunteer for 10 months.
- Organisation of major international conference, “Vision 2030” with key speaker Deborah Rogers.
- GEAI becomes a member of Irish Environmental Network.
- GEAI becomes a member of Environmental Pillar.
- GEAI accredited as coordinating and hosting organisation with EU Erasmus+ programme. Now hosting three EVS volunteers for 12 months.