First week of April held an important event in the energy world and that was the “Energy Show” at the RDS, organized by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
The Energy Theater held a several sessions and one of them was the launch of SR 54 – Overview of the code practice for energy efficient retrorfit of dwellings.
This Standard Recommendation has been developed by the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government, the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland and the National Standards Authority of Ireland in conjunction with the Building Research Establishment to provide guidance on the energy efficient retrofit of dwellings.
As the speakers presented it, it’s meant to be:
- The bible for retrofit projects;
- An added value for the house;
- A template that gives confidence ahead for your projects;
- A benchmark for architects, homeowners and constructors;
- A guide to the principles, hazards and problems of retrofitting;
- Last but not least, help make people more aware.
The drivers of this project:
- DCLG Social Housing Retrofit
- SEAI Better Energy Housing
- SEAI Better Communities
- NSAI Certifications Schemes
The SR 54 is called the first national code of practice and has been praised as being the essential tool where you can find everything you need to know, all in one place and free.
You can download it here.