In October 2020, GEAI CEO (Aedín) and Erasmus+ team (Nick, Marine and Silvia) co-facilitated an online Climate and Communities Dialogue convened and hosted by An Cosán. This was a pilot to explore how community online climate dialogue sessions could be carried out and to evaluate the results. The October sessions were co-created and developed by Suzie Cahn, Theresa O’Donohoe and Floss Adams with some funding from the Local Community Environmental fund.
- We created a picture of what has been going on and by whom in terms of Climate action in Ireland,especially at community level.
- Throughout the process used, we promotedthis kind of activity to people who registered an interest. [The eventhad 600 views and 65 registered; 20-25 attended each session including several representatives from county councils and other local agencies.]
- We supported networking and collaboration across communities who attended.
- We pilotedan online Climate Dialogue to demonstrate what they could look like (including active listening to attendeesperspective and identifying challenges to actions), as a starting template for online Climate Dialogues convened in this way with government support.
- The convenors hosted the Irish Launch of the new “Communities for Future” programme developed by ECOLISE.
- We continue to encourage networking and collaboration and sharing up to date informationon projects happening currently in Ireland and possible next steps.